This week’s ThrowbackThursday is from the 1990s and shows a Beck & Pollitzer installation for the Derby Evening Telegraph.
The newspaper, which is now known as the Derby Telegraph, has been in circulation since 1879 after two previous papers (the Derby Telegraph, by Richard Keene and the Derby Daily Telegraph) were combined to make one publication. The company moved premises several times over the years but at the time of this installation, the newspaper was producing issues from purpose-built accommodation in Meadow Road, Derbyshire.
The project itself involved transporting and installing a series of new presses at this purpose-built accommodation. The Beck & Pollitzer team that provided the service was sent from our Print Division—one of the company’s specialist units.
Although Beck & Pollitzer’s Print Division was disbanded in the early 2000s, our specialist expertise was retained through our experienced engineers.
Today, we install machinery—including presses—for a range of industry sectors, which still includes paper mill clients and printers. To find out more about our services, visit www.beck-pollitzer.com/services/